Antigoni Buxton has been announced as the new contestant on Love Island. The singer-songwriter is set to enter the villa as the latest bombshell on Wednesday, June 22.
Like Gemma Owen, who is the daughter of football legend Michael Owen, Antigoni also has parents in the public eye. Antigoni’s mum is a television presenter and celebrity chef Tonia Buxton, who will be familiar to Sunday Brunch viewers.
Love Island continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITV Hub. Episodes are available the following morning on BritBox.
Who is Antigoni
– Publishing deal at 14
– Signed to Island Records by Darcus Bees (same man who signed Amy Winehouse)
– When Darcus left the label Antigoni has been going at it independently with her own record label Sirena Records
– Antigoni is proud of her Cypriot routes and has developed a unique sound showcasing her culture. Combining hiphop beats/uk sound with Greek/Middle Eastern elements. Bilingual, sings in Greek too.
– Latest single Hit List produced by Ms Banks producer Victizzle
– Can see from Instagram that my life revolves around music, family, food, friends, gym! Super close to family
– Wrote a song about only dating guys with Red Flags – could she be going onto Love Island to find a Green Flag now (this kinda narrative could be cool as a lead into the dating thing?)
– Please don’t mention having spoken to any family etc for this first article at least
Antigoni is a Greek Cypriot girl, born & raised in North London. Since signing a publishing deal at 14 years old Antigoni has been developing as an artist and is ready to take on 2022 with a refreshing new sound that showcases her culture. She has a powerful, distinctive voice that is recognisable within seconds of hearing it.
Antigoni is very proud of her Roots & wants to share her them with the world through music. Named after her Grandma, even her name is Ancient Greek so it’s a big part of who she is. But growing up London, UK music and hiphop is what Antigoni also loves. During lockdown Antigoni found her sound, combining modern with traditional Greek/Middle Eastern flavours and creating a sound that really represents who she is.
2022 is going to hear a lot from Antigoni